Manny Road End Home Page

• External Links
  • thick & thinCoventry CityFebruary 14, 2016 : 05:32
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 98

I found yesterday's match a totally surreal experience.
    Leaving Clarke on the bench and watching Brown play like a centre back you see on one of the Redvale's pitches.
    Seeing Etuhu decide after less than 10 minutes that he was either genuinely injured (if so why did he start ?) or that he was so embarrassed by his appalling defending that he would be better off feigning injury.
    Everyone in the stadium being aware that experienced professionals had literally given up trying their hardest for the duration of the game.
    Despite all the speculation surrounding DF, BF and many individual players there seems to be no realistic alternative but to persevere with the current set up both on and off the pitch until the end of the season. Hopefully enough points will be scraped together to secure League 1 safety after which a review of what the Club can genuinely achieve can begin.

The Boy HoltyFebruary 15, 2016 : 01:38
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

I didn't go to the game, but I've watched the goals and they were all a result of shocking defending - I mean really really terrible defending. I've also listened to Flitcroft's apology and to be honest I don't think he's got any idea what's going on.
    I'm not one for sacking managers as soon as the team starts losing games. I would say to give him a chance to put it right. The true test of a manager is his ability to turn a run of bad results round and get them wining again so by letting him have a go at doing that is to let him prove himself.
    We have to remember that this is our first season in a higher division and some of the clubs and teams in this league are a long long way from the likes of Stevenage, Tranmere, Wimbledon and shite like that and its a step up.
    The chairman has got a long term plan (and being back in league two isn't part of it) but he'll be facing a test of his leadership aswell. Does he stick with his man, or twist and bow to fan pressure and make the change?
    The thing to remember is that while having a decent level of funding at the club, and having Carrington may help us attract good players, it may also work in our favour if we find ourselves looking for a new manager.
    I hope he sticks with Flitcroft in the short term, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he made a change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net

Message Board
    reply to this topic