• thick & thinApril Fool ?!January 17, 2016 : 05:20
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 98

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2461937

Anyone heard anything about this ?

The Boy HoltyJanuary 18, 2016 : 04:43
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

Yeah it was in the BT aswell. They say they had cash flow issues due to so many postponements in December but they have since paid their tax bill. Its all a bit worrying and only supports the feeling I've had ever since SD took over that the club is in the hands of some fairly dodgy people and that the transparency we were promised is not exactly forthcoming. I suspect there's a lot going on behind the scenes that would scare a lot of Bury fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net
    thick & thinJanuary 19, 2016 : 07:17
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 98

Indeed !
    For the life of me I can't see what has taken the Board by surprise which has led to the Club's present situation. Promotion last season was obviously in line with the stated ambitions and the Club is fortunate to be in a division with so many opponents bringing so many supporters with them. Even though the Barnsley fixture was postponed well over 2,000 tickets had been sold to both sets of supporters without the Club having to pay the overheads for staging the fixture !
    Have I missed something or does the Club still not have a sponsor for Gigg Lane after happily terminating the original agreement with JD Sports ?
    If there are serious financial problems surely they can only have arisen during the last 4 or 5 months and if it is down solely to the Club seriously underestimating the increase in home support which promotion would bring then just what sort of increase were they expecting; 20%, 30%, 50% ?! Would even a 50% increase cover the current deficit ?
    I can't remember any special incentives to attract new support for this season. In fact ticket prices went up which is not too unreasonable but a huge, sustained increase in support was never going to be achieved solely on the back of a promotion. A glance at previous seasons' attendance figures following any promotion would have shown that.
    In conclusion I can't even guess what SD expected to happen and what evidence he based those expectations on. Looking at similar situations at so many other Clubs it must be obvious to the FA that their 'terms and conditions' for determining who is a fit and proper owner of a Football League club aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Message Board
    reply to this topic