Manny Road End Home Page

• External Links
  • The Boy HoltyReady to roll - predictions pleaseAugust 5, 2015 : 01:56
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

The mighty Shakers are all set for the start of the new football season on Saturday. What do we expect for the coming season?

I predict we'll finish 13th - just outside the top half.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net
    thick & thin10thAugust 11, 2015 : 10:53
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 98

I remember when Sir Stan was in charge after promotion from League 2 that Bury were bookies' favourites for relegation from League 1. Inevitably they finished the season as Champions !

Having finished 14th. in Richie Barker's season in charge in League 1 I would say that the current division is much stronger than that one.

So putting logic to one side I predict finishing 10th. due largely to the strengthening of the squad which has taken place under DF, a luxury not afforded to RB, and his constant drive for improvement.

Interesting to note that so many of the players who jumped ship after that promotion under RB have eventually faired no better, except perhaps financially, than if they had stayed at Bury, e.g. Kyle Bennett, David Worrall, Michael Jones...

No matter, there's another fascinating season in prospect thanks to SD and some superb fixtures on offer in a division dominated by Northern and Midland teams.

P.S. Great to see the site is still going strong.

[Edited on August 11, 2015 at 10:54]
    dundeeshakerAugust 14, 2015 : 01:07
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 261

long hard season ahead ,,top half just !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shaker till i die

Message Board
    reply to this topic