Manny Road End Home Page

• External Links
  • The Boy HoltySomething funny going onJuly 8, 2015 : 00:43
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

There's something a bit odd going on regarding the sponsorship deals at Gigg. JD Sports, hailed as the biggest bollocked thing in the history of Bury FC a year ago have now 'amended the terms of their agreement with Bury FC' and are no longer the shirt sponsor. In the meantime The Village Hotels group are the new shirt sponsor and the JD Stadium name has been dropped while the club look for a new stadium sponsor.
    There's no hint of any sort of falling out between Bury FC and JD Sports. The deal with JD was reported to be the biggest in the club's history and now they're saying the same about the Village deal. While its obviously better for the club financially, they aren't going to make any friends if they go around hawking for better deals while existing deals are less than 1 year into a 3 year agreement. Maybe I've got that wrong and its not what happened, but my other suggestion is worse.
    Perhaps this is some means of getting round the FA's financial fair play rules. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of the situation, or all that much about the financial fair play rules, how they work or how clubs can sidestep them, but if that's the policy the club has adopted, then it spells bad news for Bury Football Club and the town as a whole, because dishonesty is never the best policy and if there's some dodgy business going on then it WILL be discovered and Bury FC WILL be heavily penalised.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net
    dundeeshakerJuly 12, 2015 : 06:56
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 261

mmm but the new kit looks good !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    shaker till i die
    The Boy HoltyJuly 13, 2015 : 02:08
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

It does doesn't it, but at £45 a pop I'll probably be waiting until the end of the season if I'm going to get one.

----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net

Message Board
    reply to this topic