Manny Road End Home Page

• External Links
  • The Boy HoltyCarringtonFebruary 25, 2015 : 02:36
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

What do we think about this Carrington thing?

On one hand its amazing for the club, but the financial burden could be difficult for the club to handle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net
    thick & thinFebruary 25, 2015 : 10:53
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 98

When SD took over I suggested that Lower Gigg would end up with housing on it. Student accommodation is SD's speciality I think and if this is the way it goes then the projected income from that, during the 5 year lease for Carrington, could match the expenditure. However after that it's anybody's guess.

Having said that so much could change, for the whole Football League setup and not just Bury FC, during the next 5 years that this year's financial issues could be irrelevant.
    As has been said before all we can do is enjoy the ride and the good publicity.

The new facilities certainly put a load more pressure on DF to be successful. I genuinely hope he is but I feel increasingly certain that a 'play-off' place this season is the least that SD will accept if DF is to be still in charge in August.

I just wonder if there might be a plan to 'sub let' at least part of the Carrington complex to another local lower league Club to share the financial burden. I'm only guessing of course but I can imagine that the footballing side of Bury FC and say Rochdale, might only be equal to that of a Club the size of Manchester City ?

The Boy HoltyMarch 3, 2015 : 02:54
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

I hadn't thought of that regarding Lower Gigg. If the club (and therefore Stewart Day) owns the land, then they're not just going to let it sit there unused. That could be a good source of revenue for them if they build some housing or student accommodation there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net

Message Board
    reply to this topic