Manny Road End Home Page

• External Links
  • GabrielGetting to the ground from PiccadillyAugust 27, 2014 : 17:08
    Date Registered:
    August 27, 2014

Number of Posts: 2

Hi guys,

Going to your game against Accrington on Saturday, will be blogging about the match afterwards (see link). Never been to Gigg Lane before, so wondered about the best way to get there from Manchester Piccadilly?

Also, is there a decent pub near the ground that'll have the early game?

Cheers

The Football Lab

The Boy HoltyAugust 28, 2014 : 05:32
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

From Piccadilly your best be is the Metrolink which will deposit you in Bury town centre, about 10 minutes walk from the ground. From there just follow the crowds. Obviously that last sentence was a joke. I'm sure one of the good people of Bury will point you in the right direction, either that or mug you anyway. That last bit was a joke aswell.
    There's a social club next to the ground which should cost a pound to get it (although its been free the last couple of times I've been in there) and they always show the early match.
    Alternatively there's a pub at the bottom end of Gigg Lane (can't remember its bloody name even though I used to go in every week) and one about a half mile further down the main road (Manchester Road) where a lot of Bury (and away) fans gather pre-match called the Swan and cemetery. I would expect both of these to be showing the live footy.
    Hope you enjoy your trip to Gigg. Someone came and blogged about us last week (link is below). I hope your opinion of the team and fans mirrors his.

Bury v Plymouth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net
    GabrielAugust 28, 2014 : 08:35
    Date Registered:
    August 27, 2014

Number of Posts: 2

Thanks mate, will go with your advice.

That's a good review, will post the blog on this message board as well.

The Football Lab

Message Board
    reply to this topic