Manny Road End Home Page

• External Links
  • pars shakerMeeting your heroesApril 8, 2014 : 05:13
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 113

As usual,this has bugger all to do with Bury,and is just another slavering thread from "that Jock prick"...However,I must share this with you all since I'm still somewhat reeling...
    I went to East End Park yesterday to watch the Scotland Youths play the Republic....this is possible due to the stadium being suitable (in the eyes of UEFA,or FIFA,or whoever the hell it is)for international games...
    While attempting to stand quietly drunk by the car park gate,I noticed a small but tough looking bald gentleman,the grizzled visage of whom seemed to remind me of a similarly follicle free chap who scored THAT GOAL against Holland at the World Cup in 1978....and it was him....it was fucking Archie Gemmill...
    I'm forced to mention this because of one of Holty's recent blogs which referred to his excitement at meeting one of his Shaker heroes...unlike the most dignified and restrained Holty however,I myself was so overwhelmed that I almost shot a full load clear across the car park,stopped only by the sight of the Pars 1968 Scottish Cup winning captain,Roy Barry...you don't spunk all over Roy Barry by the way...ever...
    Anyhoo,I was wondering if any of you lot have ever met a true legend,and whether your reaction was in any way similar to my dribbling schoolboy reaction to the magnificent sight of Archie Gemmill...?

Message Board
    reply to this topic