Manny Road End Home Page

• External Links
  • The Boy HoltyCheltenham 2 Bury 1March 2, 2014 : 11:44
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

We lost on Saturday, after a run of five or six undefeated. Its a disappointment but we're still in a decent position. We were never going to be in with a shout at the playoffs anyway and still have a good points advantage on the bottom two.
    Rochdale next, so I hope they are back on song for that one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net
    Dave.BMarch 3, 2014 : 14:07
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 173

A little bit worried about Friday after this one. With Dale stuffing Oxford with a Hogan hat-trick looks like we might have our work cut-out to get any sort of result. You never know though in this division but Rochdale have been one of the more consistent performers at the top. Let's hope we perform more like we did against Mansfield than against Cheltenham.

thick & thinMarch 4, 2014 : 11:08
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 98

I thought Bury's football on Saturday was excellent and only spoiled by Nardiello having an off day in front of goal. Otherwise his support play and movement off the ball were superb. He missed an absolute sitter at 1-1 and well into injury time he missed one almost as easy but with his left foot. Platt was brilliant and I hope he was injured/knackered because otherwise taking him off was a huge error.

Cheltenham's first goal was created by a fluke of a pass from Cureton which wrong footed the defence and unfortunately McNulty and not Carroll found himself up against Billy Whizz McGlashan in the build up to their second goal.

I stood among the Cheltenham fans in the paddock as a nostalgia trip. (It was also a fiver cheaper !) How many other grounds still have the traditional standing in front of the Main Stand ? I suspect quite a few in the Scottish League ? Good fun to hear the locals slagging off Cheltenham for all except the last 10 minutes !

If you want a laugh go to a match and then read the 'Bury Times' matchday commentary. It is unbelievably bad. The reporter must be in his local getting his text off the BBC feed and then making a few changes. His editor should check his expenses because no way is he at the match !

Finally I think that after the kick-off on Friday nothing that has gone before will influence the result. I just hope Tutte doesn't get sent off. He looks the type that just might. Its about time Rochdale's bubble burst.

The Boy HoltyMarch 5, 2014 : 03:00
    Date Registered:

Number of Posts: 843

Thanks for that T&T, its good to know that the loss was nothing to worry about. I'm looking forward to Friday but I don't think we've ever played Rochdale before when they were so far ahead of us. Doesn't mean anything of course because as you say when the game kicks off its 11 v 11 and whichever set of players has the bigger balls will win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------
    nickholt.net

Message Board
    reply to this topic